2018 FOREST RIVER COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 279RLDS - Freedom to Explore / Freedom to Choose
Freedom Express Ultra Lite laminated travel trailers are an escape from everyday life for fun, hassle-free adventures. These ultra lites are value-packed with industry leading features, and are specifically designed for towing with today’s popular half-ton pick-up trucks and SUVs. All models are built with durable, lightweight Azdel composite panels that withstand rot, mold and water damage for years of worry-free use. Our floor plans incorporate customer input to accommodate families and empty nesters in comfort. Freedom Express has repeatedly won the prestigious DSI Award, by constantly innovating and blending today’s technology and style. There’s no better way to enjoy a good old fashioned campfire!
Lightweight Towability and Enhanced Aerodynamics Freedom Express Ultra-Light travel trailers are ideal for half-ton tow vehicles and optimized fuel efficiency. Designed with fully laminated, aluminum framed walls and floor, these travel trailers and hybrid expandables are incredibly lightweight and durable.
- Stable-Ryd® Suspension
- Spread axle improves weight distribution.
- Wide track axles provide a wider, more secure stance on the road.
- Spread axle design allows us to reduce the tongue
- weight for optimum performance.
- Spread axle design reduces sway caused by crosswinds.
- Laminated sidewalls and floor
- Azdel behind the fiberglass
- Bow trusses aluminum and wood
- Rod and angle crossmembers in frame
- All tanks mounted under floor to lower center of gravity
- and improve interior storage.
- Aerodynamic front profile (Cuts through the air)
- Enclosed underbelly reduces turbulence/drag. (Select models)
2. Tinted, safety glass windows
3. Crowned trusses
4. Aluminum reinforced with 3/8”
5. EPDM bright white rubber roofing
6. Azdel composite panels
7. Aerodynamic front profile
8. Dual 20 lb. LP gas tanks
9. Welded aluminum structure, vacuumbonded
sidewalls and flooring
10. Smooth exterior fiberglass skin
11. Aluminum framed openings
12. Fully enclosed, heated underbelly
13. Fully welded tubular aluminum
14. Happijac SureTrac™, rack and pinion,
and Schwintek slide systems
15. Congoleum Designer Carefree
16. Powder E-coated, welded I-beam frame
17. Super-Lube® axle hubs
18. Stable-Ryd® spread axle design
(25’ and above)
19. Nitrogen filled radial tires
- Hitch Weight 700 lb.
- UVW 5800 lb.
- GVWR 7600 lb.
- CCC 1800 lb.
- Exterior Length 31' 11"
- Exterior Height 10' 9"
- Exterior Width 96"
- Fresh Water 49 gal.
- Gray Water 33 gal.
- Black Water 33 gal.
- Awning Size 18'